AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – Update Course
Full Course Time: Approximately 8 hours 20 minutes – $397.00 / per student
The AHA’s ACLS Update course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
The goal of this program is to provide students a valuable and enjoyable hands-on training experience.
The fundamental objective is to use a simple, practical approach to help students develop necessary knowledge, skills, and confidence to provide and direct lifesaving interventions as a lead emergency medical responder.